Monday 19 October 2015

Unit 29: Music Video Production Task 1

Today we delivered our individual pitches. I didn't put forward my idea as well as I had hoped/planned. I think this was because I've never experienced a pitch before and my nerves got the best of me. However I am pleased with my notes as I included everything needed and completed the list to the best of my ability. 

My mood board showing consideration of performers style/image

Lyric analysis and length of product



My notes containing the main points I covered


My written proposal covering:
The title of the track and artist
The intended audience
An indication of the style/creative concept to be used
A summary of content

My music video production is for the track 'E.V.O.L' by the artist, Marina and the Diamonds.
The intended audience is girls and women of the age 16+, this will be because Marina's image is one that girls look up to; she is glamorous and wears clothes of a Hollywood star.
My video will loosely follow a narrative based storyline of a relationship 'gone wrong' and have lyric interpretation with most lines.
My creative concept revolves around Marina playing the beautiful pop-indie star in a toxic relationship, however she is continuously singing/preforming and acting flirty to the camera all the way through the video. She knows the camera is always there, but the other characters do not.
My videos first scene location is in a bedroom. The shot used will be birds eye, looking down on Marina and her lover laid in a pool of cut out hearts on a bed. (This shot will be cut into throughout the video.) Marina wearing a leopard print coat and stockings, with smudged pink lipstick and a head of tight curls will sing to the camera (lines 1-5). She then turns to her lover, who has his back to her and is fast asleep and sings the following two lines.
An over the shoulder two shot then shows both main characters getting ready; their reflections can be seen in their individual mirrors. Marina will be wearing a white shirt and applying her red lipstick while her lover perfects his hair. On line 9, they both look at each other and fake smile; pretending everything is fine.
This is then followed by a mid-shot of Marina stood in front of a plain white background, holding a huge cut-out heart. As each letter is said again and again, "L","o","v","e", there will be less than second editing changes as Marina moves across the screen; with the letter on the heart changing, almost spelling out the word on screen. The phrases, "do you love me?" and "love is evil" however, will be close ups of Marina singing directly to the camera.
Next is a wide shot in a Bar, the two main characters are on a date night. Marina can be seen sitting at a table in a glamorous black dress, red heels, red lipstick and holding a wine glass; while singing to the camera. She notices her lover flirting with a blonde girl at the bar and on the lines 19-20 he turns to Marina and they both fake smile, pretending everything is fine again. During the next two lines (while singing) Marina pours a drop of glittery evil potion into her Lover's drink.
Lines 23-24 cut back to the beginning master shot and lines 25-26 cut back to the bar; showing the Lover sipping his poisoned drink in a mid two shot. As the chorus starts again Marina nods towards the blonde at the bar and her Lover starts to get annoyed, he slams his hands on the table.
A long two shot shows Marina standing, walks to her Lover's side and pours her wine over his lap (edited as slow motion). She wipes her hands together and struts off screen, leaving behind her bewildered Lover.
The following shots are back in the plain room but this time Marina is ripping up the hearts and performing solely for the camera's entertainment. There will also be more shots from the first scene with Marina still singing on the bed but this time she pushes her lover off the side of the bed.
On the last two lines a close up of Marina will show her winking and then blowing a kiss to the camera, with a hand full of the glittery evil potion.

My group has been given Kane's idea: 'Daylight' by Boyce Avenue. I can't wait to get started!


No comments:

Post a Comment